The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL database site transfer

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by apithanos, Aug 6, 2007.

1. apithanos

apithanos Registered

Hi guys,

I transfered my sites from one host to another, but i noticed that the PHP database sites doesn't work appropriate.

I use home backup gz from cpanel, which after upload in the main account and after, using SSH with Putty manager, i create the accounts. The html sites working normal but the database sites doesn't appear some elements, (like pictures, menus, etc).

Any help?

2. ddeans

ddeans Well-Known Member

Are you sure that apache and php are compiled the same on both servers?

3. erinspice

erinspice Well-Known Member

Why do apache and PHP need to be compiled the same? I'm looking to move sites from a non-phpsuexec server to a phpsuexec server. I haven't changed the DNS yet, but I have noticed the same as the OP - database connections by PHP aren't working the same way. What can I do to fix this?

4. kev1nk

kev1nk Member

Re: Transfer issues

The problem could be in the php configuration. There are many applications working with php 4 and not compatible with php5.
    The issue could be in the mysql server version also. There are some differences between v4 and v5....

You can ask your previous hosting company and the current one and I am sure that they will tell you if there is any difference in their configuration.

If not then there is a problem with the backup creation/restore process.

Best Regards
    Kevin

5. pantopita

pantopita Member

I had the same problem. After transfering sites from one server to another php based sites are stop functioning. Problem was in wrong version of MySQL. I changed MySQL from version 4 to 5 and everything started to work fine.