The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mySQL database tables will not transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BubbaGum, Apr 22, 2005.

1. BubbaGum

BubbaGum Active Member

Howdy,

anyone know how to change the charactersets needed in transfer of mySQL databases. when transferring accounts on a server (mySQL 4.1.11) to a new box (mySQL 4.0.24), the account xfer goes great but in the mySQL xfer setup, every sing account gets stuff like this that runs pages long:

Restoring mySQL databases.... Restoring database emonster...... Done
    Restoring database emonster_cop1...... ERROR 1064 at line 21: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 18 ERROR 1146 at line 45: Table 'emonster_cop1.cpg132_albums' doesn't exist ERROR 1146 at line 46: Table 'emonster_cop1.cpg132_albums' doesn't exist ERROR 1146 at line 48: Table 'emonster_cop1.cpg132_albums' doesn't exist ERROR 1064 at line 55: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 7 ERROR 1146 at line 68: Table 'emonster_cop1.cpg132_banned' doesn't exist ERROR 1146 at line 69: Table 'emonster_cop1.cpg132_banned' doesn't exist ERROR 1146 at line 71: Table 'emonster_cop1.cpg132_banned' doesn't exist ERROR 1064 at line 78: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 17 ERROR 1146 at line 101: Table 'emonster_cop1.cpg132_categories' doesn't exist ....

I've reinastalled everything from here to kingdom come and nothing works (not manual xfers of DB backups either). So I'm wondering if there is a way to convert these databases down without changing the mySQL version to 4.1.11 and permanently changing the default character set?

I know it's a long shot to ask in here on this one, but the mySQL site overwhelms me on finding this answer. So hopefully some one can help

TIA

2. BubbaGum

BubbaGum Active Member

think I finally found the answer:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/downgrading-to-4-0.html

it ain't pretty but better than nothing! Maybe Cpanel folks should look at automating this if downgrading. The DB dump and reinstall isn't too hard to script into cpanel, but it sure is a pain to do it DB by DB on a large server.

hope that helps someoneneeding to convert back down to mySQL 4.0.x

3. dwh2

dwh2 Well-Known Member

Very useful and important post. cpanel needs to fix this asap.