The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Databases Hacked???

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by rome9t9, Dec 17, 2010.

1. rome9t9

rome9t9 Registered

Ok, first off, I don't know anything about databases and site management. I was in my cpanel and wanted to remove few databases that didnt get deleted while uninstalling wordpress.

All my databses are for my wordpress sites. I used "Installtron Applications Installer" in my cpanel to install the wordpress sites.

I looked in to the "Remote Database Access Hosts" and found two Access Hosts. I have never given access to anyone to my databases. I have attached the screenshot below.

Though I've removed both of them I want to know is there anything I should be worried about??? I rarely log into my cpanel and there's nothing much I do there. However, I do remember, few months back, asking my host to move me to another server as the one I was using was slow.

Also, few days ago my host moved all the sites from their server to cloud computing or something like that. Thats all I know that happened since the time I started hosting with them. Does moving sites across servers and to 'cloud' involve creation of Access Hosts?

I see that 192.168.1.* is not to worry about.. but I am concerned about 'rahul' as I do not know how it was created..its certainly not me.. I have never created any access hosts.

I opened a support ticket with my host and they couldn't figure out how the Access Hosts came and asked me to delete them.

I host 5 sites with them and havent seen anything fishy in any of them. But I don't know how to check the databases for any tampering??

Attached Files:

2. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

While moving it could be your old host setting up to keep the databases upto date while transfering so when the switch was ready you would have lost no database information.

That's what I would say by going of the above.

Just simply remove them both and change the cPanel password to be on the safe side.

3. rome9t9

rome9t9 Registered

Thanks.. I asked my host..even they said it might have been created when my host moved me to another server and forgot to delete the access host..