mysql databse upload via cpanel

ezryder

Apr 30, 2004
Hi,
I have developed a database on my local machine in mySQL. I have webhosting with cpanel. Is there any way of copying my database from my local machine to my host via cpanel or do I have to write individual sql statements?

Thanks,
ez

mickalo

Apr 16, 2002
N.W. Iowa
Originally posted by ezryder
Hi,
I have developed a database on my local machine in mySQL. I have webhosting with cpanel. Is there any way of copying my database from my local machine to my host via cpanel or do I have to write individual sql statements?

Thanks,
ez
What table type are you using InnoDB, MYSIAM,..etc ??

Mickalo

B12Org

Jul 15, 2003
Seattle Washington
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can use phpmyadmin to upload a dump, or basically import a text file with all the commands to rebuild the database. As long as your not using MS sql server it should be fine, as MS Sql adds a few extra commands in there that are not ANSI compliant.

ezryder

Apr 30, 2004
I have searched for how to create a dump but I can't find a tutorial. Do you know where there is one I can use please? - (OK I found how to make a dump in windows) for reference:

open a dos command prompt

change directory to mysql\bin (depending on where mysql is located)

Type this:

mysqldump.exe --user=accountname --password=password name of database >path to backup to/filename

Mickalo - How do I find out the table type? is this the table type on my local machine or the server?

Thanks

Last edited:

B12Org

Jul 15, 2003
Seattle Washington
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I believe the table type is on your local machine, where your server is running no?

Anyways, if you have a dump it should be enough to import it into phpmyadmin via cpanel. That "should" :p recreate an exact duplicate of your db onto the new server.

ezryder

Apr 30, 2004
I couldn't find it on my local machine, but I have managed to recreate my database on my server with the dump. Thanks!