MySQL db backup won't upload

jndawson

Aug 27, 2014
Western US
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,

We were trying to restore a website db by uploading a saved backup that was created using the Files > Backup function in the customer's cPanel portal. Timed out, leaving this in the browser:
Code:
Internal Server Error

No response from subprocess ( (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “ALRM” (14) signal.
cpsrvd/11.58.0.4 Server at cp1.ipns.com
This is in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log:

Code:
[2016-07-19 15:37:26 -0700] info [cpsrvd] Internal Server Error: "POST /cpsess5212514647/frontend/paper_lantern/backup/dosqlupload.html HTTP/1.1" 500 No response from subprocess ( (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the âALRMâ
  ==> cpsrvd 11.58.0.4 started
==> cpsrvd: loading security policy....Done
==> cpsrvd: Setting up SSL support ... Done
==> cpsrvd: transferred port bindings
==> cpsrvd: bound to ports
What/where do we troubleshoot?

jndawson

Aug 27, 2014
Western US
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Sorry it took so long to respond.

Upload the SQL file to the server and restore it from SSH. Small databases can be uploaded from that page. How large is the database?
The db gz file is 12M. We actually had imported the data using phpMyAdmin, which is how we usually restore db from backups.

We passed the error info along to you as it might be a bug.

Jim

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I've just tested backing up, deleting from the server, and then restoring 2 small databases to 2 different servers and had no issues.

If needed, you might consider opening a ticket about this. If you suspect a defect, there's a link on top of forums titled Defects that will take you to the ticket system as well.

Thanks!

jndawson

Aug 27, 2014
Western US
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I've just tested backing up, deleting from the server, and then restoring 2 small databases to 2 different servers and had no issues.

If needed, you might consider opening a ticket about this. If you suspect a defect, there's a link on top of forums titled Defects that will take you to the ticket system as well.

Thanks!
If we run into it again, we'll do so.

Reactions: Infopro

kamikoder

Registered
Oct 12, 2016
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
I am trying to restore my WordPress Database using the backup wizard. The SQL databse is 68MB. When i upload it using the Backup Wizard, after 10 minutes i get

Internal Server Error 500
No response from Subprocess ( (cpanel) ): The Subprocess ended prematurely because it received the "ALRM" (14) signal

Please help :-(

Dhaupin

Jan 3, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This happens every time I use that import tool. It still seems to import it correctly though. Same thing as the op, about 12mb database. Is there some kinda timeout we can adjust in cpanelsrvd?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

CPANEL-8017 addresses an issue where attempting to restore MySQL backup files via the "cPanel > Backups" or "cPanel > Backup Wizard" interfaces can result in an error message like this:

No response from subprocess ( (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “ALRM” (14) signal
The resolution is currently available in cPanel version 60:

Fixed case CPANEL-8017: Lengthen timeout for restoring databases.

I'll update this thread again once the resolution is published to cPanel version 58.

Thank you.

avonni

Sep 6, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

CPANEL-8017 addresses an issue where attempting to restore MySQL backup files via the "cPanel > Backups" or "cPanel > Backup Wizard" interfaces can result in an error message like this:

The resolution is currently available in cPanel version 60:

I'll update this thread again once the resolution is published to cPanel version 58.

Thank you.
There is no fix to cPanel 58 yet?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

The resolution is now available with cPanel version 58 as well, as part of cPanel version 58.0.34:

Thank you.