The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql DB repair being run Daily by CPANEL?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vicos, Sep 2, 2009.

1. vicos

vicos Well-Known Member

All of a sudden I wake to find my domains reporting mysql too many connection errors.

I have one very large mysql DB (6GB). Inspection of the system shows that root is running a mysql repair against this database, the backup subsequently starts and tries to dump it, and user connections pile up as mysql is unable to respond to their queries.

Since this just started, I assume this automatic daily mysql repair came with a CPANEL/WHM upgrade.

How can I disable checking/repair of the mysql databases belonging to one or more particular user accounts ?

TIA!

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

mySQL Repair

Hello,

I could understand how that would be inconvienent, however cPanel doesn't do a daily repair of databases. If you are still having issues we may need to take a closer look at it, and you can have us do that by putting a ticket in(at bottom of post).

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. vicos

vicos Well-Known Member

Hi Matthew, thanks for the response.

Last night I went into WHM and told backup not to backup the user account which owned the large database. I also told it not to backup the entire mysql databases, just for the individual accounts.

I did not have a problem this am.

Prior to this problem, I did have a cron, running from the user account that owned the large database, which did a repair and optimize on that database. It ran every Sunday early a.m. I figured out that was causing the problem and commented the line out of the crontab and killed the running task.

However, the next several days the problem reoccurred, and this is when I found the mysql repair running as root. When it was running from my cron previously, the task ran as the respective user. This is why I assumed CPANEL was doing it.

I'll have to look closer and report back.

4. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Hi,

cPanel does not run the script of database repair on daily. If you have any issue with such databases then you can set the cron for that and run the database script for that databases.

You can also run this script from SSH when you want to repair all the databases:

mysqlcheck --all-databases -r #repair

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Actually, /scripts/pkgacct repairs the databases of a user before backing up the databases.

6. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Daily DB repair.

My apologies.