The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql db size/timer (for timeouts)

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by kerriritter, Oct 25, 2004.

1. kerriritter

kerriritter Active Member

this is just killing me and i got putty and still can figure this out. the mysql is guess by default is set for 300 seconds for a sql db import. the limit is 50mgs. regardless, even a 5mg import file times out. i had a large db to populate one time for client.

i broke it down into abou 35mg checks, hahaha based on the 50mg limit. we it just doesnt matter when the timer limit for import is still at 300 SECONDS. i just wanna know what kind of sql db that's 50mg could ever import in 300 seconds!! lol

i'm in a bind big time. i'm cutting and pasting the portions of these databases slowly into the sql dump window.

there just HAS to be a way to set that import timer to like an hour. i'm the only one show uses it and just next these one time databases populated with losing my hand and wrist.

Can anyone our ther help me please. i'm not very putty savvy, but smart.

thanks,

kerri

2. sillypuddy

sillypuddy Member

Which file are you editing? my.cfg? you may also want to adjust your php this is most likely the problem.

3. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

if you have ssh access, why not just import the entire database using the command 'mysql' on the commandline? There should be no timeouts using that and it's much faster.

4. kerriritter

New to these large imports and putty.

i will try to find the info for mysql command for Import to set the correct syntax. i have a dedicated server and several domains which all have sql databases stored "somewhere"

i'll check this out. thanks.

and i was using at mysql> SET GLOBAL delayed_insert_timeout=3600;

it was in seconds for 300, but it never changed. i even went to service mysql restart

just didn't stick at 3600 seconds.

kerri

#4 kerriritter, Oct 25, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  5. kerriritter

sql command line import of db

i find the syntax listed in the manual but still getting error is say this db xxxxx_xxx this file xxxxx_xxx.sql. it's not compressed or anything.

from the mysql> prompt what exactly should i type in to create the database. then how to make sure it is setup for the correct website on the dedicated server.

thanks for any help.

kerri :confused:

6. RandyO

RandyO Well-Known Member

do as Dezignguy says, Import the entire file to the server, then from the command line import the db. you are not going to have any success uploading this database otherwise, been there done that

7. kerriritter

have file on server

i have the entire file on the server and just need to know the command to import the database (create new one or whatever). i'm very new to this and need explicit help. the myphpadmin is not worth too much for big files.

so i login to root, the mysql> now what something like import newdb_name from what path to the sqldb.sql file. the file is in one of the domains.

thank a lot for the assist.

kerri