Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

mysql-db-usage.json missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daveboulter42, Mar 9, 2016.

1. daveboulter42

daveboulter42 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi,

When cron runs:
    /usr/bin/test -x /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache && /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache

we get errors like:

Code:
    Cpanel::Exception::IO::ChownError/(XID rj6pnv) The system failed to set the user ID to “0” and the group ID to “508” on “/var/cpanel/datastore/xxxxxx/mysql-db-usage.json” because of an error: No such file or directory  at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 183.
        Cpanel::Exception::new("Cpanel::Exception::IO::ChownError", HASH(0x298f0d8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 75
        Cpanel::Exception::__create("IO::ChownError", HASH(0x298f0d8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Autodie.pm line 473
        Cpanel::Autodie::chown(0, 508, "/var/cpanel/datastore/xxxxxx/mysql-db-usage.json") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CacheFile.pm line 232
        Cpanel::CacheFile::_chown_path(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CacheFile.pm line 130
        Cpanel::CacheFile::save("Cpanel::Mysql::DiskUsage", HASH(0x2a355c8), "xxxxxx") called at bin/update_db_cache.pl line 115
        Script::Update::DB::Cache::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 80
        eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 71
        Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x2a3e490), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x2a05980)) called at bin/update_db_cache.pl line 122
        Script::Update::DB::Cache::script("Script::Update::DB::Cache") called at bin/update_db_cache.pl line 35

#1 daveboulter42, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  2. James-L

James-L Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I also get this error, however I get:
    Code:
    Cpanel::Exception::IO::ChownError/(XID 53ecvg) The system failed to set the user ID to “0† and the group ID to “502† on “/var/cpanel/datastore/*domain*/mysql-db-usage.json† because of an error: No such file or directory

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

I've seen this happen on systems with multiple UID 0 users. Could you browse to "WHM >> Service Manager" and disable "Name Service Cache Daemon" to see if the issue persists? You can test this by manually running the following command:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. daveboulter42

daveboulter42 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks
    Yes when run by hand works fine.
    yes I have two UID 0 users. I wanted a backdoor login just in case. I should implement that better.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...