Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

MySql Eating up ram/swap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluKex, Jun 9, 2006.

1. FluKex

FluKex Registered

I have noticed that since cpanel did a mysql update in which nptl based systems using mysql 4.0 created a compatability issue that, every day or 2, my ram+swap gets filled up to the max.

i have created an addon 1gb swap file, this morning i logged into the server and my 640MB of ram as well as my enter 2gb of swap was 100% full.

In order to clean it up, i did a service mysql restart.

This has been happening ever since the nptl message popped up in whm. Most times, if i dont catch the 100% usage, the linux kernel oom-killer process goes out and ends up killing httpd and mysql as well as other random processes as designed.

My question is.. what did cpanel change software-wise to create this mysql mem leak that seems to have been formed, and is anyone else having this issue?

I have another friend that is experiencing the exact same issue which running on fedora core 4.

let me know, thanks.

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

What is your current version of MySQL? The problem is definitely not MySQL. It might be a bad/insecure Php/cgi script that loops indefinitely causing this problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...