MySQL eats all of my resources

Spokuz

PartnerNOC
Apr 24, 2003
Lisbon - Portugal
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When I go to WHM, CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage, I allways see this line:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/MACHINEHOST.pid --skip-locking --socket/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

MACHINEHOST = my real host, that I removed

Can anyone explain me what this is exactly? Because I have 3 lines of this at my servers and each one uses like 10% of the CPU.

I also have and AMD 64 3700 with 1 GB of ram that has only a PHPBB with 2.000 visits per day but the load goes up to 2.0 and it is starting to use the Swap. I belive that this is not normal.

I would be very greatfull if anyone could help.

Last edited:

netwrkr

Apr 12, 2003
Spokuz said:
When I go to WHM, CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage, I allways see this line:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/MACHINEHOST.pid --skip-locking --socket/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

MACHINEHOST = my real host, that I removed

Can anyone explain me what this is exactly? Because I have 3 lines of this at my servers and each one uses like 10% of the CPU.

I also have and AMD 64 3700 with 1 GB of ram that has only a PHPBB with 2.000 visits per day but the load goes up to 2.0 and it is starting to use the Swap. I belive that this is not normal.

I would be very greatfull if anyone could help.
The above line from ps is the mysql process. If you have 3 of those processes each using 10% then you have 70% of the cpu available for other processes right?

Tom