mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_forums.MYI'.

rooftopp

Registered
May 30, 2003
I am using invision board 1.1.2 and can not acceess my forum today - I get the following error:

mySQL query error: SELECT f.*, c.id as cat_id, c.position as cat_position, c.state as cat_state, c.name as cat_name, c.description as cat_desc,
c.image, c.url, m.member_name as mod_name, m.member_id as mod_id, m.is_group, m.group_id, m.group_name, m.mid
from ibf_forums f, ibf_categories c
LEFT JOIN ibf_moderators m ON (f.id=m.forum_id)
WHERE f.category=c.id
order by c.position, f.position

mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_forums.MYI'. (errno: 145)
mySQL error code: 1016
Date: Friday 30th of May 2003 04:07:49 AM

On the Invison forums staff says:

Group: IPS Staff
Member No.: 2146

QUOTE (kevin c @ Apr 9 2003, 08:13 PM)

My ISP says it is not a cpanel problem because they are running the very latest version it is a problem with MySQL 4.0 and Invision Board. CAn someone please figure this out instead of pointing fingers. I told the same thing to my ISP.

Rest assured no one is pointing fingers.

We had been advised that is was due to the mySQL upgrade hosts had performed which was related to cPanel. We can only pass on information we have been told

Can anyone help me?

MichaelShanks

PartnerNOC
Aug 20, 2001
okay tell them to

cd /var/lib/mysql/cat_position

and run

myisamchk -r *.MYI

then restart mysql

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Tox

Aug 12, 2002
I have had this on another server recently as well and it turned out that a table was just corrupted. Was fixed with the REPAIR TABLE command.

rooftopp

Registered
May 30, 2003
Yes there is that suggestion. However, followers of same still had the error.

scriptmaster

Registered
Jul 13, 2003
not a cpanel ?

This is a problem that doesn't only affect invisionboard, my people reported same problems with phpbb , ldu , phpnuke and other software

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I had heard that this was a problem with InvisionBoard. While I'm sure there are probably other software out there that experience this problem, I thought it was software related and not a problem with MySQL or CPanel. The only problems we have with clients are those running InvisionBoard. At any rate, I would appreciate a permanent fix for the problem.

scriptmaster

Registered
Jul 13, 2003
Yes , Invisionboard seems quite a major problems with this but there are over 60 forums/cms programs which do get this error , it seems to only affect mostly the same table db_topics. This error only occurs on boards that are busy as far as I know , but it might happen on smaller ones.

carmatec

Mar 9, 2003
US
The problem happens because php takes its own mysql libs (which come with the build) and does not use the actual libs present on the server. For eg, you may be running mysql 4.0.13, but upon recompiling php, check out phpinfo and you will see that the 'client API version' at the bottom will reflect mysql 3.x, it is this incompatibility that causes this problem.

You need to recompile PHP by specifying in the configure step --with-mysql=/usr so that it picks up the 4.x libs instead. This fixes the problem.

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Originally posted by carmatec
The problem happens because php takes its own mysql libs (which come with the build) and does not use the actual libs present on the server. For eg, you may be running mysql 4.0.13, but upon recompiling php, check out phpinfo and you will see that the 'client API version' at the bottom will reflect mysql 3.x, it is this incompatibility that causes this problem.

You need to recompile PHP by specifying in the configure step --with-mysql=/usr so that it picks up the 4.x libs instead. This fixes the problem.

Is there a reason the cpanel build uses --with-mysql instead of --with-mysql=/usr ?

LS_Drew

Feb 20, 2003
Yes, if this is the case can we please change this NOW?????

Creazioni

Jan 5, 2003
With mysql 4.0.14 situation is the same

Have the same problem now too?

Only solutions is configure php like up?

downgrade mysql to 4.0.11 is a solution?
or 3.0.x?

THANKS

kcdworks

Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by Creazioni
With mysql 4.0.14 situation is the same

Have the same problem now too?

Only solutions is configure php like up?

downgrade mysql to 4.0.11 is a solution?
or 3.0.x?

THANKS

The only "solution" until Buildapache is changed to allow PHP to be built with --with-mysql=/usr is to compile php yourself with that option, and do not choose the php option when running buildapache. You will also want to complete the tweaks to my.cnf posted here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=69070

We've done that to our install on all of our servers where users have reported error 1016, and it has solved it for us. It has NOTHING to do with downgrading MySQL, it's that the MySQL API included with php is outdated, so you have to force it to use the API included with MySQL (which you'll have to do after PHP drops MySQL support by default anyway).