The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL error log emailed to me (but 'no' error ?)

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by tg3793, Feb 2, 2011.

1. tg3793

tg3793 Registered

I've been "banging my head" against a couple of forums and an engineer at my webhost for the last three days trying to figure out why I am getting an error emailed to me in this AutoBackupMySQL script.

I'm getting an error log emailed to me and can't figure out why. Today of course the attached error log was titled "ERRORS_localhost-557477438.log" which I've looked at pretty closely and did a CTRL-F for words like "error" or "fail" ... It doesn't seem to have 'any' errors but then why am I still getting this error log sent to me? Can I safely assume that all is well and that the script is simply choking on some "unknown"?

-removed- Here is a link to a zip file that includes more than you likely need to trouble-shoot the issue. Just use what you need and ignore the rest.

Index of Files

autobackupmysql-1.4.sh (Feb 2) ... This is the actual script that I'm using.

onscreen.txt ... This is the output I get onscreen when I run the script on the server over SSH.

ERRORS_localhost-557477438.log ... This is the error file that I am emailed as one of the actions of the script.

tg3793_sope1_2011-02-02_02h20m.Wednesday.sql ... one of the MySQL backup database I am emailed. It's for a website design.

tg3793_wdps1_2011-02-02_02h20m.Wednesday.sql ... another MySQL backup database I am emailed. This one is for WordPress.

*Thanks for any direction you might be able to give me,

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your attachment contained quite a bit of information that I felt you shouldn't be sharing with the world so the link has been removed. If you wish to provide those details again remove the DBs and the passwords from your files first, for security reasons.

Since this is not a cPanel script, you might do better to ask on the support forum for the script:
    SourceForge.net: AutoBackupMySQL - Support

3. tg3793

tg3793 Registered

I agree there is some information that I'm not crazy about sharing but I've at least taken two precautions that I hope with spare me of 99% of the problems I might encounter. 1) The password in my script is a placeholder and is false "F1k3P1ssw0rd" and 2) I've created a user on the MySQL database that is used 'only' for backing up the database.

As for requesting for help here in the cPanel forums I've noticed that it's a pretty common practice to request for help on backup scripts here; I had done a search on the forums for "Backup, script". The AutoBackupMySQL community seems to be pretty "dead". I've only read a few posts there over the last couple of years ... Though I'm not giving up 'all' hope there and I did post there as well. Again, I'm not expecting to hear anything from them.

And it's ok that you removed the link to the zip file. There are many people (including myself) that are wary of downloading something unless I know the person that I'm downloading it from. I'll post my index of files again (I hope it's ok); but this time I'll use pastebin.

#3 tg3793, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  4. tg3793

tg3793 Registered

When looking at this it is certainly worth noting that I recentely got an unverified tip regarding the error I am being emailed. Most of the original script was written a couple of years ago and this error 'might' be caused by some incompatibility with the MySQL version 5.1.52 on the server this script is being run on. ... Anyone have good MySQL mojo?

Index of Files

autobackupmysql-1.4.sh (Feb 2) ... This is the actual script that I'm using.

onscreen.txt ... This is the output I get onscreen when I run the script on the server over SSH.

ERRORS_localhost-557477438.log ... This is the error file that I am emailed as one of the actions of the script.

tg3793_sope1_2011-02-02_02h20m.Wednesday.sql ... one of the MySQL backup database I am emailed. It's for a website design.

tg3793_wdps1_2011-02-02_02h20m.Wednesday.sql ... another MySQL backup database I am emailed. This one is for WordPress.

#4 tg3793, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  5. tg3793

tg3793 Registered

Ok, fixed it via the help of a friend of mine. I got some help on this and it was a newbie error ; me being the newbie.

I executed the script on the server using "bash -x" and for some reason (which I do not yet know) this caused the script to do something that in turn generated a ERRORS_localhost-xxxxxxxx.log that was emailed to me each time.

Executing the script using "./autobackupmysql" fixed it.

Hope this helps future readers.

6. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It is great to know that the issue is fixed. :) Cheers!