The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql error log

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crooner, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Crooner

Crooner Member

I have a client on my server that wrote his own php mysql app and some of the users are reporting a page not saving their info. They've not been able to duplicate the issue and were wondering if there is a mysql error log that they can access?

From these forums it appears there should be a 'hostname'.err log file in /var/lib/mysql/ - no file like that exists there and my.cnf has that path listed for the datadir.

Is there a switch to turn on the error log? Also, is there any way that the client can access it without giving them SSH access? Maybe a link from their home directory?

Thanks,
    Dean

2. Guntion

Guntion Member

Nope! You'd have to giv em shell acces

3. Crooner

Crooner Member

OK, what about the missing 'hostname'.err files. I would assume every domain with a mysql database would have one if it was working correctly?

Thanks,
    Dean

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Check your /etc/my.cnf to see if the logs are being redirected elsewehere (e.g. /var/log/mysql). Default is as you mention /var/lib/mysql/hostname.err but often it's redirected within my.cnf