Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

MySQL Error With Usernames With A -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by InsaneContender, Jul 10, 2003.

1. InsaneContender

InsaneContender Registered

Apparently there is a problem with the new build regaurding MySQL with users who have a - in their usernames. It will not show the MySQL information in the admin. Is there a way to make a fix for this and release it immediately?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

If you submitted a ticket.. Yes.

Brenden

3. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Its already resolved in the latest EDGE releases. Please see the ChangeLog on layer1

4. DTX

DTX Member

Issue is still ongoing for me, even after upgrade of Cpanel to WHM 7.1.0 & Cpanel 7.1.9-R73

Databases now show in Admin when created, user names too are added and with correct '-' however the database itself when created still omits the '-' therefore connection to the database is not possible.

5. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should just modify the username so that it doesn't have a hyphen in it--problem solved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nat

nat Well-Known Member

perhaps cpanel should fix this.

it use to work.

now i'm getting a client every few days (that was setup long time ago with a - in thier username) telling me their databases no longer work.

Now that I must changed the username, because it can't handle a - in the username, the clients is going to have to change the absolute path in some of their scripts.

7. DTX

DTX Member

Up Grading to the latest Version of Cpanel cured this problem,

Mysql databases are now created correctly, however some pre-installed scripts like Advanced Guestbook still cause problems. Even though Data Bases are now made correctly, I think the install routine for some of the scripts needs a looking at.

End of the day, in future I won't allow user names with a - in them just in case (I set all mine up manually by choice)

But I too, have clients with long established web sites and installed scripts with path names all with a - in them. these in particular do not currently require any Mysql, but should they in future I think it would mean a fair bit of work.

So for me, Mysql is making databases ok even with a - in username, just can't use some preinstalled scripts using auto install, as the install script is confused by the -

I'm sure it will be fixed, but at the moment it's not perfect.

Cheers

8. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Not everyone is at liberty to change usernames...especially when a company uses a billing manager along side the control panel.