The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql error....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vishal, May 24, 2003.

1. vishal

vishal Well-Known Member

I would like to explain the whole scenario.

1. I was with mysql 3.23 previously and all the databases was in /usr/local/var/ and i used to start mysql with mysql.server script.
    2. Then i upgarded mysql to 4.01 with the rpms available (rpm -Uvh). The upgradation went fine but it refused to start mysql from /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql as it used the path /var/lib/mysql for the databases which was instead in /usr/local/var. It gave me an errror "Cannot start Mysql with /tmp/mysql.sock" I some how managed to Fix this up and it worked for few days. In the mean time i also shifted the databases to /var/lib/mysql.
    3. But now suddenly when i start mysql from ssh it says the below errors and nothing is happening.
    mysql: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Where am i going wrong any help would be appreaciated to clean up this mess so that it starts all again with the upgarded 4.01 version.

Regards,

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. FusionBiz

FusionBiz Member

Try to reboot your server and it might solve your problem :)

3. BaDBoY_2000

BaDBoY_2000 Active Member

Jesus!, rebooting does not fix everything (only reboot if all else fails) this is linux buddy, not windows..... heh, i hate going around theese forums and seeing peoples help as "try a reboot" c'mon, dont you think they would of probably tried that already?

i suggest using /scripts/upcp and get the latest version of mysql as it will most likely install that library also!.