The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql error

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by thenation7, Feb 13, 2008.

1. thenation7

thenation7 Registered

Hey everyone, i currently have webhosting from a friend of mine, he is running the version 11 of cPanel But anyways, im getting this error when it comes to mysql users/databases,

Whenever i add a new mysql database, and i add an old user to it (one i already have) and try to install something like phpbb3, it keeps saying that that user has no access to the database. So i try creating a new user and adding it to the database, and then the new user works.

Unfortunately, about a week later, the new user basically loses access and i get the errors of the mysql user no longer having access.

Example:
    forum.afgnt.com

any way i can fix this, or have him fix it? he doesnt know what the problem is

#1 thenation7, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
  2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

If this happened only once, I would then tend to think your host may have restored a backup or somehow mixed up the privileges table.

How many times has this occurred? Is this a vps? A VPS makes it quite easy for the host to restore a full backup and thus going back in time a bit. Otherwise, there should be no reason for the privileges table to be altered.

3. thenation7

thenation7 Registered

it has happened twice so far. It is not a vps i believe, its just webhosting. He hasnt altered/loaded any files. Not sure why i would have to create a new user to add to each new database for it to work, or why after 2 weeks they randomly lose their access