The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Errors & Dedicated Database Server Questions

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by kray, Aug 22, 2015.

1. kray

kray Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm running WHM 11.50.1 Build 1 (Current) on CentOS 6.5 x64 with CloudLinux 6.6 and using MariaDB 10.0.21.

All of the sudden my MariaDB server is malfunctioning out of nowhere (I have made no modifications to prompt this). My sites aren't able to connect to the database server unless I restart MariaDB. Each time I restart it, it lists a bunch of tables that are marked as "Crashed" which I then have to repair. After that everything works fine for a while and then it happens again...
    [​IMG]

I looked for logs under /var/log but there are none for MySQL/MariaDB. I was thinking about just reinstalling with centos7 and cloudlinux but I have some questions first:

• What can I do to get to the bottom of these errors? I don't want it to happen again.
    • Could these errors be the result of using WHM "Current?"
    • I did have SpiderOak monitoring the /Backup directory. When it notices changes it uploads the files to their cloud. Could this have been the initial cause? I found after having to restart the DB server several times that SpiderOak is no longer running for some reason. It would upload while the backup process was underway. I didn't turn SpiderOak back on though and the problem is persisting. This is why I don't believe SpiderOak is causing the error. It isn't running anymore (And it doesn't use MySQL). It could have consumed too much resources during backups but that can no longer be the case.
    • I've read a lot on using a dedicated MySQL server but some things aren't clear to me. Starting with a fresh install is the procedure to setup the remote server, move over any local databases, connect WHM to the remote server, and then deactivate the local mysql server?
    • Does a remote db server need to be running WHM? There's no one page I can find detailing the entire process of setting up the remote server and how/what to transfer to it and what to do with the local server afterward.
    • Can the remote server be the main server in a Percona or MariaDB cluster? If so, is there anything special I need to do for such a configuration?
    • Are there any recommended specs for a remote server? Some ratio of combined database sizes to RAM/HDD/CPU? I would be running it on a VPS.
    Like I said, I'd like to get to the bottom of the current errors first. I do have cpanel backups for the past week but I don't want to migrate tables to a new install that are going to harm it.

Thank you.

2. kray

kray Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just had to restart MySQL again and got the following:
    [​IMG]

3. kray

kray Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    #3 kray, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest tweaking your MySQL configuration to help prevent the memory errors referenced in the image you attached to the thread. The following thread will help you get started:

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/m...tats-gathering-tool-for-cpanel-server.268011/

The following document answers some of these questions:

Setup A Remote MySQL Server

You don't have to deactivate the local MySQL server because cPanel automatically does this for you. cPanel is not required on the remote MySQL server. There's no support for database clustering at this time, so while that may work, it's not supported. The hardware requirements for the remote MySQL server depend on the size of your databases and how often they are accessed. It's difficult to provide any specific hardware values based on database size alone.

Thank you.