Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL extension missing with PHP Selector

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by Alrissa, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Alrissa

Alrissa Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On a cloudlinux server I had the same issue. ( Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress )

"Under Modify Account" I changed the number of databases allowed from 25 to 26 and then put it back to 25. (He had 2 databases on the account by the way)

The site randomly started working.

I shrugged and assumed that the error was cached in my browser.

BUT:

Recently another repetition, on a different server. PHP selector shows all required mysql modules checked, everything was working, mysql was repsonsice, user and pass were fine and the database did not have any errors.

I remembered the modify account thing and changed the allowed databases number to the exact same value.

And it worked. So semi-reproducible?

I'm assuming cPanel reloads something (the PHP environment perhaps?) when account limits are updated.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look to determine why that's happening, and see why changing that value is fixing the issue?

Thank you.

3. Alrissa

Alrissa Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not at this time, thank you, for various reasons. I just posted this in case anyone else was pulling their hair out in incomprehension.

I'll suggest it to the team if we can get further cases and set you guys up with an example that you can work on.

Alternatively if we spot the cause I'll also post here.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You may also want to reach out to CloudLinux directly since the issue relates to their PHP Selector feature:

CloudLinux - Main | New template

Thank you.