The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql file upload securely

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnnywalker, Apr 15, 2007.

1. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Member

hi,
    I'm trying to upload my .sql file securely. Using PhyMyadmin is a great tool, but is it secure? If not, can someone suggest other options that might work as well? Thanks.

Mike

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

If this is your server, you can set cpanel to use ssl in tweak settings. If its not your server, ask your host to set ssl for cpanel / webmail then you can use https.

If your information is highly sensitive such as credit card info or things like that, you should consider acquiring your own server or a host that would work closely with you.

3. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Member

i lease a machine from serverbeach. i've tried to get the ssl and ssh to work, but i'm only half way there. i've created certificates for the public and private key in both the whm and the cpanel levels. but how do i use each of them? cpanel has some excellent tutorials. is there a tutorial or resource for this? (i've looked at all that are available and don't see any). thanks.

4. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Member

okay, i'm feeling a bit foolish here . . . actually, those files ARE protected. i was testing the protection while i was globally logged in. ahem. yeah. so the file protection issue is solved, but i'd still like to get the ssl, ssh sorted out. thanks.

mike

5. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

search the forums for something like "ssl certificate install"

Basically you need a dedicated IP other than your shared IP for the doman you want to secure.

6. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Member

thanks. i have a dedicated ip for the domain. i'll do the search.