The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL, FTP, BIND Services won't start

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by bmcclure, Sep 9, 2003.

1. bmcclure

bmcclure Well-Known Member

All of a sudden today MySQL crashed. When I found out, i went to WHM and tried to restart, all I get is:

So I checked out the /tmp/mysql.sock file and it was a sym link to a non-existant mysql.sock file in the /var/lib/mysql directory. I don't know where this file went...

I ran the fixeverything and fixmysql scripts to no avail, I tried command line options for restartign mysql to no avail. I ended up rebooting the computer.

Ever since my reboot, now proftpd and named won't start.

Something odd I noticed was I used to restart named from the command line with "service named restart" but now restart isn't an option, only stop and start. Why would that be?

Thank you in advance, this is affecting tons of customers and has been going on since this morning.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mind-field

mind-field Active Member

Hello,

Have you received a resolution for this? If so, what was it?

Thanks and God Bless!

David Garza

3. bmcclure

bmcclure Well-Known Member

The resolution for the MySQL problem was to use the Change Root Password for MySQL feature in WebHost manager, as odd as that may seem...

I never found a resolution for the BIND issue, but we ended up using external nameservers anyway.