The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql help with setting timer for import limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kerriritter, Oct 25, 2004.

1. kerriritter

kerriritter Active Member

Oct 25, 2004
    sorry, i posted this on newbie questions.

this is just killing me and i got putty and still cant figure this out. the mysql i guess by default is set for 300 seconds for a sql db import. the limit is 50mgs. regardless, even a 5mg import file times out. i had a large db to populate one time for client. no i have another i mean i just need to import the thing.

i broke it down into about 35mg chucks, hahaha, based on the 50mg limit. and it just doesnt matter when the timer limit for import is still at 300 SECONDS. i just wanna know what kind of sql db that's 50mg could ever import in 300 seconds!! lol i have gotten dome pieces down to 3mgs and they mostly work. but just cant imaging turning 150mg file into 50 little sql files. there just has to be a better way.

i'm in a bind big time. i'm cutting and pasting the portions of these databases slowly into the sql dump window.

there just HAS to be a way to set that import timer to like an hour. or create an import the db at the os level (linux/unix) newest version of mysql. i'm the only one who uses it and just next these one time databases populated with losing my hand and wrist.

Can anyone our ther help me please. i'm not very putty savvy, but smart.

Edit/Delete Message