The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mySQL messed up since upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bonnmac, Jun 9, 2003.

1. bonnmac

bonnmac Well-Known Member

I upgraded this morning now all my clients cpanels say this. But specific to their accounts. any ideas how to fix? Thanks

Databases are working. But they can't add users or anything to them. When I try to check mysql process going on in whm I get same error.

/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'

/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)' du: `/var/lib/mysqlcredible_nuke1': No such file or directory du: `/var/lib/mysqlcredible_prjt1': No such file or directory du: `/var/lib/mysqlcredible_lhlp1': No such file or directory du: `/var/lib/mysqlcredible_faq': No such file or directory du: `/var/lib/mysqlcredible_stck1': No such file or directory du: `/var/lib/mysqlcredible_b21': No such file or directory du: `/var/lib/mysqlcredible_phpAffili8': No such file or directory du: `/var/lib/mysqlcredible_phpaffiliate': No such file or directory 0.00 Megabytes

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. bmcclure

bmcclure Well-Known Member

Same problem since about 20 minutes ago... only it affects all accounts, WHM, and when I try to change the password for root... hmmmmm

3. carlgm

carlgm Well-Known Member

Try setting a NEW password rather than changing it. :) It's right up the top of the menu near Reseller Center.

4. bmcclure

bmcclure Well-Known Member

Figured it out, I used the Reset option udner the MySQL heading in WHM ... that worked. Thanks.