The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL [moved]

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by jonib77, Mar 2, 2006.

1. jonib77

jonib77 Registered

MySQL

Hi im using cpanel, I setup MySQL database for phpbb now ive lost the password anyway I can retrieve it?

2. Xenon101

Xenon101 Well-Known Member

the password will be in the configuration file (probably config.php or something)

3. jonib77

jonib77 Registered

Hi guys I did a database backup with the phpbb feature will that work with vbulletin?

What about phpMyAdmin can I use that instead to backup all users,posts,topics to start new vbulletin forum?

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

If the database formats are indentical and the format of the data within the databases is identical, then yes. In reality, no.

Yes, in the sense that through phpMyAdmin you can access all the relevant data and therefore copy the content from the database for one forum to the database for another. Whilst possible, it's generally far beyond feasible. A better option would be to search the web for a tool that will automate the conversion for you.

Would you be doing this only because your lost the password for your phpbb forum, or were you looking to change anyway?