The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL on a different server - cPanel doesn't see DB sizes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by remik, Sep 18, 2009.

1. remik

remik Guest

I have this kind of configuration: - my cPanel, mail etc. server - my MySQL server

MySQL on the second server was installed using WHM. My users are able to use different cPanel tools to create databases, users etc. PHPMyAdmin is also working fine.

On my cpanel server I have the file /root/.my.cnf which allows root to connect to mysql on the second server without extra parameters on the command line.

One of our clients has the exact same configuration on his machines (we provide him with administrative services).

After a recent cPanel update two things stopped working (on both configurations):

1) munin stopped reporting MySQL traffic on it's graphs - I have probably solved this problem by creating an additional file at /home/munin/.my.cnf to tell munin how to connect to the database (still waiting for munin to update the graphs)

2) cPanel stopped reporting DB sizes

I couldn't find any solution for number 2. When You login to cPanel and go to MySQL databases the list of DBs apears and shows all of the DBs, but every DB is showed with a size of 0 MBs.

Please help. How can I fix this problem?
    #1 remik, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
  2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

Mar 9, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You'll need cPanel 11.25+ and mySQL 5+ to see remote disk usage.
  3. remik

remik Guest

I am running updates in CURRENT type. My version shows: cPanel 11.24.5-C38506, which is the almost the newest version in this branch. MySQL 5.1 is installed.

Does this mean I have to use EDGE? How long may it take for this functionality to be added in CURRENT?