Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

MySQL on a FreeBSD ... how to know "who" is using what ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cass, Oct 9, 2003.

1. cass

cass Well-Known Member

One of our servers is a FreeBSD ...
    that is running very nice ...
    but we would like to know, how can we track % usage of mysql on a per user or per db basis ?
    There are just a few domains on the server, and some is eating mysql ... everytime :)

54246 mysql 42 0 52208K 24636K RUN 888:11 43.16% 43.16% mysqld

it's average 38% now, max 45% maybe ... but It could be more soon... so I just would like to know ...
    is there ANY way I can monitor how much of this "40%" or so is every user or every database using ?

Btw... the WHM mysql usage ... show very very little connects, just 2 ... 3 (it's very different than linux) ... so I think anything is wrong or maybe it don work as expected.

Anyone ?

Regards.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

RE: MySQL on a FreeBSD ... how to know \"who\" is using what ?

Dear cass,

You can use a script to track the usage of Mysql statistics. You can download a sample script from

http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/MRTG/MySQLWithMRTGQuestionsPerSecond

Customize this script as per your need. Hope this might help you to solve your problem.

Regards,