Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mysql optimization for Cpanel | Ram2 & Cpu Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3460 @ 2.80GHz

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Amirali, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Amirali

Amirali Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm in the process of optimizing my moodle installation/server it has about 7 separate sites of varying usage. Reports and other tasks seem to be timing. looked at my.cnf and noticed it was empty. /etc/my.cnf

I did a locate and all others i've found haven't had the standard or much info either
    server specs:
    2gb memory
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3460 @ 2.80GHz + Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3460 @ 2.80GHz
    I realize my mysqltuner is only for a couple days. i'll certainly post another at the end of this week if it helps get a better baseline of what kind of config would make sense to better utilize the servers possible performance from a sql standpoint.
    thanks much!

2. Amirali

Amirali Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please Help ME

3. arunsv84

arunsv84 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We cant provide the exact optimized values for MySQL. You can try to start from minimum values and modify according to the traffic/requirement.

A sample my.cnf will look like above. You can modify this later according to your server performance and mysqltuner output. If you are not sure about this, I would recommend you to hire a administrator.

Cheers!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...