The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql password keeps getting reset by itself after cpanel backup process?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craigedmonds, Aug 17, 2012.

1. craigedmonds

craigedmonds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I have figured out that one particular web site on my server (which is running phpmyrealty) throws an error after cpanel backup is run.

The error is as follows: Initialization Error Access denied for user 'bluefla'@'localhost' (using password: YES).

This error is an indication that the username or password I am using is incorrect.

If I go into cpanel and try and update the password it tells me the old password is not valid, so I go in, delete the user, add the user again and then next time cpanel runs the backup, the site throws an error.

I have also tried adding different usernames and variations of passwords, and still no effect.

I know 100% it happens when cpanel backup runs becasue I just ran /scripts/cpbackup --force in ssh, and two minutes later, site was throwing an error.

On this server there is around 50 sites and no other site has this issue and I have a few servers and have never seen this issue before.

Has anyone seen this issue and can anyone help me to figure it out?

I did post a thread on mysql.com (MySQL :: mysql password keeps getting reset by itself?) but that was before I realised it was cpanel backup causing the issue.

Any help from cpanel on this would be great.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: mysql password keeps getting reset by itself after cpanel backup proces

Hello Craig,

Please submit a ticket to us about this issue. In the ticket, please ensure to provide the cPanel username and password as well as the current MySQL username and password being used by the script.

Tickets can be submitted in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please post the ticket number here afterward for tracking purposes.

Basically, I have no idea what might be causing this and the only way I know where we can see if the cPanel backup is causing an issue would be via a ticket.

Thanks!

3. craigedmonds

craigedmonds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

Hi cPanelTristan,

Signup for ticket support, went to submit and got this error: 2012-08-20_16-47-36.png - CraigEdmonds's library

- - - Updated - - -

okay, I submitted as normal support ticket now: 3067810

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Based on the ticket, it appears the issue was due to the account having been suspended at a point in the past. When it was unsuspended, it didn't fully unsuspend and so whenever backups occurred, the databases were unsuspended and then resuspended so the passwords were changed. That's why they weren't working.

To resolve, the technical analyst re-suspended and then unsuspended the account again.