The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL privs borked for a backup user

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by websnail.net, Jan 17, 2008.

1. websnail.net

websnail.net Active Member

This seems to be related to the recent changes made to MySQL or more likely the "fix" that was instituted...

Setup:
    I'm using automysqlbackup to automate backups of my databases and to do this I've setup a single user using phpmyadmin (from root) with SELECT global privs.

Problem:
    Since the update this user is now, no longer able to actually access any of the databases despite the MySQL privs being setup correctly and working before.

At a guess this is a security update but given that backups are an essential part of any process I do need to get this working again so any help with this would be appreciated.

2. websnail.net

websnail.net Active Member

Think I may have found my own solution...

For anyone else who uses this particular script you may have set the privs to include global "LOCK TABLES" privs as well to get round an error the script can sometimes kick out.

For whatever reason the SELECT priv is retained but the LOCK TABLES priv was removed so restoring that to the appropriate user seems to have done the trick...