The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Problem

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Bartuc, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Bartuc

Bartuc Member

Hi,

I'm having a serious mysql problem on a cPanel server. Everything was working great and this problem occured without any config changes suddenly and I'm suffering from this problem for last couple days.

I get this error on all websites instantly: Can't connect to MySQL through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock

Worst part is, mysql is still running when I get this error: /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --log-error=/var/lib/mysql/server.xxxxxxx.com.err --open-files-limit=33628 --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/server.xxxxxxx.com.pid

When I restart mysql, everything is back to normal. When this occurs, as mysql is still running, cPanel service monitor doesn't restart it and websites are inaccessible till I realize that and restart mysql manually. Also error log doesn't show anything related this.

Thank you for helping me solve this problem.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please check the error log for MySQL at /var/lib/mysql/hostname.err where hostname is the fully qualified hostname for the machine (you can get this by running hostname -f to find the fully qualified hostname). Whenever you get the error in a browser, the error log for MySQL should indicate what is happening.

I'm suspecting /tmp is filling to 100% and causing the issue.