The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Problems - Local-Infile Missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elikster, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Elikster

Elikster Well-Known Member

Greetings guys.

I have one question. Did you release the MySQL 3.23.54 with local-infile enabled in it? Since it seems it is not so and I got quite a few customers complaining about it after we performed the upgrade.

So....what we need is what exactly is the compile information for the MySQL so we can recompile it to have the local-inline enabled since the setting of that in the my.cnf don't do jack for anyone.

Since it specificially deals with the PHP for uploading the files into the MySQL, but it seems to be broken unless the MySQL binaries got local-infile built in.

So...Anyone able to help out on this problem? Thanks.

2. Jontxu40

Jontxu40 Well-Known Member

Security

Hi :

I suposse that local-infile is not enable for security reason.

I prefer to habilite this feature only at confiable users...

I make this by changing file_priv at table user (mysql BD) and "flush privileges"

Regards

3. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

4. Elikster

MySQL Compile Options - Needed!

I am aware about the posting from MySQL Site about the in-line posting. But you have to be aware that it is default feature to have it enabled before MySQL decided to make a kludge and disable it in the new releases.

So...I would like to know what exactly is the compile information for the MySQL so I can recompile it to have it behave before the kludge was put in it. I never had any problems with that feature on before the .49 release when it appeared.

Any help is appreciated. I just want to get it enabled without breaking anything else.

5. Elikster

Compile Information?

Greetings guys.

I would appreciate the information on how you compile the MySQL binaries so that I can recompile it and add the one omitted compile feature into it so that I can have the MySQL database running like the 3.53.47 version before the kludge that MySQL folks have added recently.

Since I am now getting 8 clients who depends on that feature and now have their websites broken because of that. So...I appreciate any help on this so that I can recompile it without going though more headaches of trying to get MySQL up and running again with wrong compile setup.

6. jamesbond

Have you submitted a support ticket?

7. jamesbond

No it's not a bug.

The fact is that CPanel installed a new version of MySQL (compiled without --enable-local-infile apparently)
    This caused sites to not function properly anymore.

I don't see what is wrong with asking for some guidance on how to get file uploads working again, and to prevent this from happening again the next time mysql gets updated by cpanel.

8. jamesbond

Umm.. I just tried and I can't get it work.

Can anyone please post how they fixed this?

It also says on the mysql website :

Ignore this post
    I didn't know I had to restart mysql after giving a user file_priv. After I restarted mysql it all started working magically ! :)

#8 jamesbond, Feb 25, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2003