The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mySQL probs on transferred account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BubbaGum, Aug 8, 2005.

1. BubbaGum

BubbaGum Active Member

Howdy,

I've run into a weird prob and can't find a solution to, so hopefully some one here has some idears that will help me fix it...

I have an accoutn transferred to the server and installed via a backup tarball. when you add a new install of phpbb, it messes up the other existing forum (username_phpbb2). It seems to want to install new versions with this same username and db name. All other transferred and new accounts onthe box do not have this problem, just this account (atleast the few in each category I tried as confirmation to the wierdness).

I've tried reinstalling the site from backups, transferring to another box and then back again, editing tables and perms in phpmyadmin, checking perms in shell on files, updating mySQL, reinstalling mySQL, various cpanel fix it scripts that looked safe to try to affect this issue. So jsut wondering if anyone has advice on where to check (and how incase I'm not familar with the advice methods)

thanks in advance

2. BubbaGum

BubbaGum Active Member

well, I didn't ever get a reply, so I kept diggin on this...

this is how i solved it:

I found in the .addonscgi-phpBB file insid ethe account that two installs tried to use the same info, so i deleted the duplicate and renamed the phpbb2 (can be a diff number on other installs) to somethings else entirely different. After that, all installs and modifications of phpbb forums worked as well as all the other mySQL probs that were related to this issue.

anyway, seems to be a very rare error/problem, but hopefully someone might find it useful when it seems like yer the only one in the universe with the issue

ME