The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL-python on CentOS release 5.8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ashworth102680, Apr 23, 2012.

1. ashworth102680

ashworth102680 Active Member

I'm attempting to install MySQL-python via yum, and keep getting this roadblock. I'm not sure what the best route is to take if yum isn't handling this, as I don't want to break any dependencies that cPanel requires.

Code:
    yum install MySQL-python
    NOTE: "python-devel" is already installed correctly.

We're trying to get MySQL monitoring working with Server Density on CentOS release 5.8, and I'm following the above instructions. Additional information may be found here. Any ideas are welcome.

Code:
    >> yum install MySQL-python
    Excluding Packages in global exclude list
    Finished
    Setting up Install Process
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package MySQL-python.x86_64 0:1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5 set to be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15(libmysqlclient_15)(64bit) for package: MySQL-python
    --> Processing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15()(64bit) for package: MySQL-python
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 from system-base has depsolving problems
      --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15()(64bit) is needed by package MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 (system-base)
    MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 from system-base has depsolving problems
      --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15(libmysqlclient_15)(64bit) is needed by package MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 (system-base)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15(libmysqlclient_15)(64bit) is needed by package MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 (system-base)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15()(64bit) is needed by package MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 (system-base)
     You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
     You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                            package-cleanup --dupes
                            rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
    The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.

#1 ashworth102680, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

mysql* is excluded by default in /etc/yum.conf. So remove mysql* from /etc/yum.conf and install mysql-python using yum; you will be able to install the package now. Don't forget to re-add mysql* to yum.conf when you finish the installation.

PS: Note that mysql-python will be installed from the base repo, where other mysql packages is installed on cpanel from their repo ( CloudLinux uses those mysql packages as well ). I couldn't find any way to find mysql-python from their repo. But I have tested the mysql-python installation from base repo on my MySQL 5.1 test machine and couldn't find any issues.

Thank you,
    Nibin.

3. jiniom

jiniom Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    nibin

I removed mysql* from yum.config as you mentioned, and executed the same, but still getting the same error. See below the error.

pls suggest

Rgds

Code:
    root@server202 [/usr/local]# yum install MySQL-python
    Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
     * base: mirror.steadfast.net
     * extras: mirror.teklinks.com
     * updates: yum.singlehop.com
    base                                                                                     | 1.1 kB     00:00
    extras                                                                                   | 2.1 kB     00:00
    hgdedi                                                                                   |  951 B     00:00
    serverdensity                                                                            |  951 B     00:00
    updates                                                                                  | 1.9 kB     00:00
    Excluding Packages in global exclude list
    Finished
    Setting up Install Process
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package MySQL-python.x86_64 0:1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5 set to be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15(libmysqlclient_15)(64bit) for package: MySQL-python
    --> Processing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15()(64bit) for package: MySQL-python
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 from base has depsolving problems
      --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15(libmysqlclient_15)(64bit) is needed by package MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 (base)
    MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 from base has depsolving problems
      --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15()(64bit) is needed by package MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 (base)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15(libmysqlclient_15)(64bit) is needed by package MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 (base)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.15()(64bit) is needed by package MySQL-python-1.2.3-0.1.c1.el5.x86_64 (base)
     You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
     You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                            package-cleanup --dupes
                            rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
    The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.
    root@server202 [/usr/local]#

4. pheicom

pheicom Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator