MySQL Restore one account from Backup in WHM

Zardiw

Sep 22, 2017
Palm Springs
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I currently have 'Entire MySql Directory' checked in my backup configuration.

If I restore just one account, will only the databases from that account be restored, or will ALL databases from ALL the sites on the server be restored?

Should I check 'per account only' instead? Or maybe per account AND entire directory?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

z

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If I restore just one account, will only the databases from that account be restored, or will ALL databases from ALL the sites on the server be restored?
If you restore an account in WHM -> Backup -> Backup Restoration then it restores the account you have selected, including databases in that account. It does not restore any other databases.

Henry Carter

Jul 31, 2019
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

You can follow the below procedure;
1.Login to WHM as a root
2.Choose Backup Restoration under Backups
3.Select Restore by Account

This option allows you to choose which accounts to restore. You can restore multiple accounts, but you must add each account separately.

To restore an account, perform the following steps:

1.Select one or more accounts that you wish to restore. read the Restore Multiple Account Backups section below.

2.Select a date from the Available Restoration Dates calendar.

3.Select any desired options from the Additional Options section.

Restore Subdomains — Restores any subdomains that appear in the account’s backup archive.
Restore Mail Config — Restores the account’s email.
Restore MySQL — Restores the account’s MySQL® databases.
Give Dedicated IP Address — Assigns the account a dedicated IP address during the restoration process.

4.Click Add Account to Queue. The account will appear with a status of Pending in the Restoration Queue table below. This table shows the status of the restoration.

5.Click Restore to start the restoration process.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
OK, thank you.

I wonder why they have the other options, especially the 'by account AND entire directory' ??
Our documentation answers this question:

Databases
Select one of the following options for the Back up SQL Databases setting. Use this setting to determine how to back up SQL databases.

SettingDescription
Per Account OnlyOnly back up the databases for each account. This setting uses the mysqldump utility.
Entire MySQL DirectoryBack up all of the databases on the server from the /var/lib/mysql/ directory.
Per Account and Entire MySQL DirectoryPerform a comprehensive backup that copies all of the databases for each individual account and all of the databases on the server.