The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL reverted from 4.1.9 to 4.0.27 after cPanel update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by veronicabend, Jun 15, 2006.

1. veronicabend

veronicabend Well-Known Member

Hi,

The hosting company updated cPanel and after that I see the MySQL version running has changed back from 4.1.9 to 4.0.27.

This is causing a lot of trouble and needs to be reverted. For instance, all apps using subqueries are throwing errors.

I am fearing the databases may be damaged with all this. The databases were originally created with MySQL version 4.1.9 and now they are running under 4.0.27.

Did anyone have this same problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this without breaking anything? Any help / guidance on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Veronica

2. hamper

hamper Well-Known Member

well I just looked and mine did as well. I also removed the autoupdate, but gee seemed to do that by itself as well.

I'm beginning to wonder if I made the wrong choice in moving to cpanel from directadmin.

well off to do the ol --force with everything

3. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

why not drop an email to the host tech support and request them to revert back to MySQL 4.1.x since the version is running 4.1.x before the cPanel upgrade.

4. veronicabend

veronicabend Well-Known Member

Thanks tweakservers, that's what I did after all but I wanted to know if there were any implications with this, if it may have affected the databases somehow or if some special care needed to be taken when reverting back to 4.1.9.
    Now databases seem ok but I can't check every app.

5. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

I cant see how they went from 4.1.19 back to 4.0 without screwing up everyones database as its not downgradable. :eek:

6. manan

manan Active Member

As u r saying that there has been no data loss means that downgrading mysql didnt affect the data. Maybe sometime it could damage the data if the internal tables structure of an downgraded sql version doesnt support the upgraded versions structure. In such a case u could lose some rows of data but could never lose the entire data.