Operating System & Version
CentOS v7.9.2009
cPanel & WHM Version
cPanel & WHM v104.0.10 (STANDARD)

bluecup

May 30, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I keep getting notification emails for failed mysql service or mysql service down. This is happening like a couple of times a week. The email includes messages like these:

The subprocess “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/restartsrv_mysql” reported error number 2 when it ended.
The email indicates serveral tables marked as crashed like this message:
[ERROR] mysqld: Table 'Logs' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
The service seems to automatically recover immediately. We haven't noticed any significant disruption to the websites. I get a "recovered" email notification with these messages:
The 'mysql' service passed the check: mariadb (/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr) is running as mysql with PID 5430 (systemd+/proc check method).
[Warning] Could not increase number of max_open_files to more than 40000 (request: 81671)
When I go and check the tables that were initially marked as crashed, their status is now shown as OK. When I check the log file in /var/lib/mysql/mysql_error.log, I don't see anything significant other than the tables marked as crashed as mentioned above.

I would like to know why 'mysql' service keeps going down almost every week. Is this due to the max_open_files limit? Do I need to increase this?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It's impossible for us to say without reviewing the server in more detail, as we'd really just be guessing. For this type of issue it would be best to create a ticket so we can review the logs and behavior of the machine on our end.