The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysql size problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tedivm, Jan 3, 2007.

1. tedivm

tedivm Member

I'm running the backup script and I noticed that it was taking a long time, so i checked the file sizes and they're huge.

Apparently one of the accounts has over a gig of databases according to cpanel, when looking at the databases there is less than a couple of megs.

How can I correct this?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Are you saying that the physical size of the database is much larger that the data within the database? If so, then optimizing the database in phpmyadmin should help.

3. jsilvestre

jsilvestre Member

Fix mysql quota

Dear tedivm,

try /scripts/updatemysqlquota and /scripts/fixquotas.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should not run /scripts/updatemysqlquota if you haven't run it previously and understand what it does and its implications or you could end up with corrupt databases and MySQL unable to start.

5. TSJasonH

TSJasonH Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

To expand a little bit more on what Chirpy is saying. If you begin running /scripts/updatemysqlquota suddenly, there's a very good chance that it can put previously OK accounts over their disk quota limit. When this happens mysql will be restricted from writing to their databases and/or
    a) corrupt the database
    b) lock-up your mysql server all together (and possibly your whole server depending on the defined mysql limits)

Both are quite bad and it's likely both would occur if you haven't been running the mysqlquotas script on a normal basis and closely monitoring the disk quotas for all your accounts.