The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysql to mariadb plus apache 2.2 to 2.4 upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tony Merlin, May 4, 2016.

1. Tony Merlin

Tony Merlin Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

I have a dedicated server Running CENTOS 6.7 x86_64 standard & WHM 56.0 build 9. This server is hosting for approx 30 clients.

I’m wondering how I can test upgrades of MySQL to MariaDB & Apache 2.2 to 2.4 when we only have one licenced server? In the past for testing purposes I have created a temporary server here at home and copied all the accounts and the configuration to it, then did the upgrades and after testing everything I was happy to do the same in the production environment. The problem I now face is my home IP has already been used for a 15 day trial licence in the past and now obviously I can't use my home IP for a trial licence to test these upgrades.

How can I get round this issue, do I have to purchase a licence just to make sure these upgrades don't break clients sites?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Please ensure you direct license questions to our Customer Service department through a support ticket or by emailing cs[@]cpanel.net directly.

Thank you.

Tony Merlin likes this.
  3. Tony Merlin

Tony Merlin Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi sorry yes i've already done that now and been granted a development licence which has given me the chance to test the upgrades and happy to say every site works perfectly other than a few strict standard warnings that required fixing.

Many thanks

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator