Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

MySQL :: UDF Extensions :: How?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WCrooks, Dec 7, 2005.

1. WCrooks

WCrooks Active Member

I've recently had a client request that I install a specific UDF extension(though not particularly important, the extension is for levenshtein) -- the problem?CPanel compiles MySQL with static libraries.

I realize I could make my own install of MySQL...and I am certainally more than capable of doing it, but certainally there must be a better way of configuring MySQL without resorting to a new install of it?

I've tried(unsuccessfully) to modify the CPanel build scripts...but it would help if I knew what I was looking for.

Any ideas on how to do this?Or should I bite the bullet and make my own custom MySQL install?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 WCrooks, Dec 7, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  2. JanMisker

JanMisker Member

I have a similar problem, but from a end-user perspective. I would like to use a median() UDF in MySQL, something that is certainly needed by more people.
    On my own systems I use the (slightly modified) source code available from http://mysql-udf.sourceforge.net/ in a dynamic library. Perhaps a tip for the cPanel team to include this in their MySQL distribution?