MySQL Upgrade error message

samehhosny

Registered
Aug 17, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have centos OS with WHM 11.42 version installed on my VPS server. Last few days, I got an error message regarding connection to my MySQL database from all of my wordpress sites. I solved the problem each time it happened by doing a graceful restart to my server after I noticed that the MySQL service is not running. I noticed that this error is not appearing anymore which is good.
Now, my problem is in the WHM mySQL upgrade section. I get this message every time I click on MySQL Upgrade
Code:
[B]"file error - parse error - mysqlupgrade/mysqlupgrade-inprogress.tmpl line 1-10: unexpected token (SET) [% PROCESS '_defheader.tmpl' header = 'MySQL Upgrade' breadcrumburl = '/scripts/mysqlupgrade' SET upgrade_types = { unattended_automatic = locale.maketext('Unattended Upgrade'), unattended_manual = locale.maketext('Partially-Interactive Upgrade'), interactive = locale.maketext('Interactive Upgrade') } %]"
[/B]
I tried to find out my searching other threads without any luck to find a solution for this issue.

Hope to get a solution here for my issue.

Thanks and have a great day.

Sameh Hosny

samehhosny

Registered
Aug 17, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Samehhosny,

Can you please let us know the steps to reproduce this issue ?

We have many servers were i never seen this error during mysql upgrade. What was the current mysql server version ? and to what version do you upgrade to ?
First, Thank you for your reply.
The error message comes up once I clicked the mySQL upgrade button in WHM interface. I attached screenshot of the error message. 2014-08-24_000533.png

MySQL server version: 5.6.17

I don't know if this is the latest version or not but at least I should get a message other than this error message.

Thank you again for your prompt reply.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please try forcing an update of cPanel via:

Code:
/scripts/upcp --force
Thank you.

datawave

Registered
Apr 7, 2011
Hi,

I have the same problem. I ran the script as suggested without success. Still receiving the same error.

Is there any further steps I can try?

datawave

Registered
Apr 7, 2011
Part of a ticket I had with Cpanel Support:
-------------------------------------------------
I don't currently have access to this server, but from what you've described, you accidentally aborted the MySQL Upgrade by clicking the Load Average link. By doing this, the upgrade stopped and the MySQL Upgrade lockfile was not removed.

If you have SSH access, can you run the following command?
# mv /var/cpanel/mysql_upgrade_in_progress /root

And then try the MySQL Upgrade again?
--------------------------------------------

This solved my problem :)

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see that resolved the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.