The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Upgraded but NOT upgraded???

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by emergingdzns, Jun 30, 2010.

1. emergingdzns

emergingdzns Registered

I have gone into WHM and performed the MySQL Upgrade function to upgrade the database server to 5.1 from 5.0. After the upgrade is succesfully done, I restarted both MySQL and Apache. But when I go to phpMyAdmin, it still reports that the version of MySQL is 5.0.9 Community.

It seems that cpanel has upgraded a MySQL server instance that isn't being used BY CPANEL.

I am so confused and lost. I need this upgraded immediately and can't figure out why it's not working.

If I go back into the MySQL upgrade screen, 5.1 is now checked so there's no upgrading it again...

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What version of the MySQL RPM packages are installed?

Run the following command from the shell prompt:

Code:
    # rpm -qa|grep MySQL
    If the packages are all MySQL 5.1, then the problem is that you have not rebuilt PHP against the new MySQL version. Anytime you change versions of MySQL, PHP needs to be built against that version.

To update PHP, run EasyApache. You can use the same profile you used the last time you ran EasyApache. The libraries from the new version of MySQL will be used when PHP is compiled. The internal PHP used by phpMyAdmin, phpPgAdmin and Webmail will also be rebuilt against the new MySQL version.

Merely restarting Apache is not enough. PHP must be built against the version of MySQL that is installed on the server.

3. emergingdzns

emergingdzns Registered

I have run the Easy Apache and couldn't see anything specific to a version of MySQL so I basically just ran it with the current config. Is there somewhere in there where I am supposed to tell it to look for MySQL 5.1? It's still reporting in phpMyAdmin that the version is "Server version: 5.0.90-community".

The grep command reports 5.1.46. But if the SQL queries being made are still throwing errors due to table names being case sensitive then that tells me that php is still seeing 5.0.90 right?

thanks for your help!

4. emergingdzns

emergingdzns Registered

I just added a phpinfo file and it's reporting 5.1.46 so the server is definitely upgraded. I will make sure the developers are doing the right thing.

Thanks again!