Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mysql usage by DB/Account.

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by chetanmadaan, Oct 16, 2017.

1. chetanmadaan

chetanmadaan Active Member

Hello,

I have a dedicated server that's running around 150+ account(s) and majority of the websites are low traffic and don't get much attention. There top 10 - 20 sites probably get 90% of traffic and sometimes causes Mysql to go down.

I am trying to figure out which databases/accounts (databases within specific accounts) take up most of the usage so those can be dealt with.

I don't think the "Show MySQL Processes" or "Daily Process Log" gives out any information specific to the databases within 24 hours period or something similar to a birds eye view.

I had the host install "mtop" or "mysqltop" (not sure what it's called, been a week) but that seem to only miror "Show MySQL processes" (WHM's interface).

Any help would be appreciated.

2. cPWilliamL

cPWilliamL cP Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Pinpointing which MySQL users/databases are causing excessive resource usage can be difficult as increased usage may come simply from a higher number of queries, inefficient queries or database structure, or just excessive I/O. CloudLinux's MySQL Governor allows you to impose I/O and CPU limits on individual cPanel accounts to prevent one account from exhausting server resources.
    CloudLinux Documentation

Without CloudLinux, you'll need to check things like slow queries, manually inspect queries/databases, or impose user level connection limits:
    Slow Query Log Overview
    Handling Too Many Connections

If using mariadb, you may also try the following:
    User Statistics

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...