The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL User Account Priv

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TechnoGecko, Jan 21, 2006.

1. TechnoGecko

TechnoGecko Registered

Have a user account on the machine that I xfered over from another cpanel server. In the process however it did not move over the mysql db correctly. Everything else is fine. So I manually moved the mysql db over, however the user privs for the user in mysql were set to usage only. The account needs to have select, insert, update, dlete, create, drop, file, index, alter, create temp tables privs.

So I went ahead and used phpMyAdmin to set these, but today ( about 24hrs after the move ) the user was reset to usage only. I'm assuming a cpanel script was run and then saw this and changed it back. Question is, how/where do I change these settings so that this user will continue to have the correct rights?

Thanks in advance!

2. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

You can correct user priviligies logged as root to phpmyadmin in Priviligies manu. Also, do not forgot that you need use "flush priviligies;" command after correcting user rights.

3. TechnoGecko

TechnoGecko Registered

Thats what I did the first time, however it still reset. Thinking that I perhaps made a mistake I went ahead and did it again. This time it stayed for 72hrs, but again today at around 10AM it reset to usage only again.

Ideas?

4. greengiant

greengiant Well-Known Member