The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysql User Passwords

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Hitakashi, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Hitakashi

Hitakashi Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I've read a few threads here and they sound like the problem I have. We had to move VPS providers and all they gave us was a backup for /home/ and /var/lib/mysql/ with nothing else. So all i did was restore old backup's i had (None had mysql, Odd?) I then uploaded /home/ and over wrote them all, One by one making sure permissions was correct. Then I uploaded each mysql DB in /var/lib/mysql/ to the same folder and made sure the folder permission was 0700 and owner and user was mysql and each file was 0660 and owner and user was mysql.

After I did that I went to each cPanel account and went to the Mysql Databases, clicked on the user next to each database and updated the permissions which created the user in mysql. But it seems now we are missing the user's that are used to login to phpmyadmin when logged into cPanel. Only way to fix it was to update the cpanel password but is there any easier way to sync the cPanel user and password with phpmyadmin, or anyway to use the encrypted cPanel password to mysql password? Or just something easier than changing all cpanel passwords.