The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysql User Permissions Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by procam, Jun 4, 2008.

1. procam

procam Well-Known Member

I have a serious problem with a mysql user on one of my boxes , this user exists created by me for the purpose of a script operating on other multiple remote boxes the script runs by cron and uses this mysql user name to login drop a table from a database on multiple sites and then copy the table from the origination site to the database.
    So heres the problem each night when cpanel updates on this newly rebuilt server, {its a fresh os install nuff said} it modifies this users ability to create tables i.e. it removes the permission settings so each morning I have to login and reset that user to ALL permissions again or when my scripts run they login drop the tables and fail to copy the data to the sites on this unit thus leaving me with websites with missing data base information.
    How can I stop or lock this users permissions so nothing cpanel does can remove my existing permission settings -- and does anyone know WHY all the sudden this is happening Ive been running things this way for oh about 5 years now and all the sudden on this new build the problem happens.
    Oh and I did narrow it down to cpanel because if I run a /scripts/upcp --force all the sudden my permissions are revoked.

#1 procam, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    When upcp is run manually or automatically every night, it resets the permissions of the MySQL users on their respective databases. I've seen this problem mysqlf, it's rather a bug, which I think will be fixed in the next release. Or did you try updating the version of the control panel to the latest one released few days back ? If yes, & you still do have the same problem, I'd recommend you to open up a ticket with cPanel Support for further investigation.

3. Commrade

Commrade Member

Hello,

Which version of WHM /CPanel are you in If not in Relase version Please update the whm to the release version and then later try to run /scripts/upcp and then try /scripts/mysqlup to update mysql

Please try to check out if this helps.