The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysqldump errors during cpbackup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by kdarray, May 15, 2007.

1. kdarray

kdarray Well-Known Member

We have a server that does nightly backups to the secondary drive.

On about 8 accounts an error such as this occurs and we dont get the sql db in the backup.

Entering timeout safety mode
    Grabbing mysql dbs............
    mysqldump: Got error: 1105: File './acctname/emaill 265.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24) when using LOCK TABLES
    Done

the result is it just doen't dump the db at all. so i go in and delete the table which is ancient and not even used. then the next day i get an error like this:

Grabbing mysql dbs............
    mysqldump: Got error: 1105: File './acctname/emaill 264.MYD' not found (Errcode: 24) when using LOCK TABLES
    Done

repairing the database does nothing at all and deletinng that 264 table just give me and error on the next table down (263)

what could the problem be?

2. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

do this.

cd /var/lib/mysql/database_name/
    myisamchk --silent --force *.MYI

3. kdarray

kdarray Well-Known Member

thanks

hi david,

thanks for the help. when i do a check on one db for example i get about 10 of this:

myisamchk: warning: 1 client is using or hasn't closed the table properly

it has been awhile since i had a bad (?) db, but i remember if a table was not closed properly, if i did a db repair it would find and fix it. i find it hard to believe that if that table was in USE it would halt the dump. i can go in to phpadmin and dump the thing manually with no errors and get a mysql backup so to speak.

i have several servers and help to manage several more. i have never encountered this problem. the people with this server know very little and i dont know what they did or didnt do when moving these sites. but sql is sql.

some of the tables were the main system tables for their sites. others were old stuff i can delete. do you think i could dump the table manually (no errors) and rebuild a new db from that and it would fix the problem? i'd be willing to try. some of them had the same errors but from *frm.

i give? thanks :confused:

4. speedpacket

speedpacket Registered

HELP!!!

I just had a client who unwillingly removed a database, and requested a backup to be restored, but all of the backups show a mysqldump error much like the one described above.

There is NO backup that has the database in its file, so this is a disaster for the client!!!

Why doesn't cPanel inform me when a backup fails? Is there any way we can still try and recover the database?

Thank you!
    david.