Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bashy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Bashy

Bashy Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Well, that dint go down too well

The metadata database is corrupt. Scheduling a rebuild.
    [2018-02-28 02:05:29 +0000] brecklan_alldata: mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'alldata' when using LOCK TABLES
    warn [pkgacct] ********_alldata: mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'alldata' when using LOCK TABLES
    I should mention that that database is now a big fat 0mb and my weather site no longer has any data that was acquired over the last year'ish, 107mb worth..............
    #1 Bashy, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Bashy,

I moved this post to it's own separate thread, as the mysqldump error message doesn't appear related to the metadata rebuild. Here's the error message in-question:

To clarify, are you saying the database referenced in the backup log is now at 0MB after the backup process? That shouldn't happen, as the backup attempt should only attempt to copy the MySQL database as opposed to it modifying the database itself.

Instead, the error message suggests one of the tables in that database is corrupt. MySQL documents how to repair tables at:

MySQL :: MySQL 5.7 Reference Manual :: 2.11.3 Rebuilding or Repairing Tables or Indexes

Thank you.