Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

n00b help please - in the poo!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paul sunter, Sep 28, 2004.

1. paul sunter

paul sunter Registered

Hello guys and guy-ettes!

I'm VERY new at this! :eek: I've worked on a web site for a while now, and any problems that have happened have been fixed by the guys who know what they're doing.

I'm getting a 404 when I go to the site and I dont know what's doing it. I can't even get onto cPanel. Unfortunatly, I cant get hold of the people who can fix it :eek:

Can anyone help please? I'm majot stuck.

Thanks in sdvance...

Paul Sunter

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AlexSmithMCP

AlexSmithMCP Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    what error you get when trying to get into CPanel. A domain for us too looks see would be handy ;) can u still SSH the server?

3. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ping the domain in concern and check if the domain is having the correct ip address as it is supposed to have.

else try the http://ip:2082 to access the cp temporarily. If that dosent work then C-panel is down at the server. You need to ssh to the server and restart C-panel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. paul sunter

paul sunter Registered

Thanks for the help, but it's been fixed. Turns out it was something totally unrelated to cPanel.

Thanks again and sorry for wasting your time..