The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

name lookup timed out - Please help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eglwolf, Dec 23, 2011.

1. eglwolf

eglwolf Well-Known Member

I have a VPS server running WHM 11.30.5 (build 3) CENTOS 5.7 i686 virtuoso. I have several Wordpress blogs/sites running on this server. These sites have been running flawlessly for over a year. Regular updates to the wordpress software has been done.

About 2 weeks ago the blog stopped auto posting scheduled posts, it stopped being able to connect to twitter to tweet new blog posts.

I have since updated Apache and mysql to the latest version as well as php. However none of these have solved the issue. I have tried to get them to work with and without the firewall enabled. Since these changes the sites are very slow to respond, however load on the server is a minimal .01-.04

I thought the issue was with cURL, however that does not seem to be the case. I have tried the WP forums, but nothing. I believe this is a server issue. Anyone have ANY idea what could be the issue or things to try to resolve it?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you notice any specific error messages related to this behavior in the Apache error log? You can try searching the Apache error log for the account username to see which errors show up. Example:

Code:
    # grep username /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
    Thank you.