The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name server Cluster and Whm

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by bryanabhay, Nov 3, 2007.

1. bryanabhay

bryanabhay Active Member

Hello,

We have setup one 2 main name servers in our network and other are nodes with

cpanel the main two name servers only work as Name servers and have installed

whm too.

We do add our this two name servers in other servers cluster configuration and then other servers synchronizes the each individual servers dns zones with main name servers.

But now a days we are facing one bad issue we are lossing entries from named.conf files

and whenever we synchronise this particular domain with server to named server then all
    entries get rebuild and doamin start working,

Frist we find the Access Keys at Cluster configuration was dead then we rebuild it

but still we are facing this issue.

Nov 3 07:55:11 ns2 named[31601]: client x.x.x.x.#1175: update 'domain.com/IN' denied
    Nov 3 07:55:15 ns2 named[31601]: client x.x.x.x.#30089: update 'domain1.com/IN' denied
    Nov 3 07:55:16 ns2 named[31601]: client x.x.x.x.#1234: error sending response: host unreachable
    Nov 3 07:55:36 ns2 named[31601]: client x.x.x.x#4670: error sending response: host unreachable
    Nov 3 07:55:47 ns2 named[31601]: client x.x.x.x#4672: error sending response: host unreachable

can any one guide us through this issue.

Bryan

2. bryanabhay

bryanabhay Active Member

Is anybody from WHM suppot can reply possible reason

or shall we need to open a ticket in Cpanel support ?

3. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    cPanel is a nightmare for this to work. After no help from cPanel or our datacentre, we did the following, clustered both servers

and then

ns1.
    ns2 to go to first server

ns3
    n4 to go to 2nd server

PM me if you need any help.

4. allwebnow

allwebnow Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm wanting to do the same thing but I don't know where to start, and messing with dns just scares me, especially when everything's been running so smooth for quite some time. It would be just the thing for me to start messing with the dns. Anyway, I have a pic here of how I want the 2 servers setup. Can someone offer guidance or even a payable service for setting something like this up so it solid and straight forward?

[​IMG]

5. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi there,

I have replied to your PM.