The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name server configuration problem!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximiliam, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Maximiliam

Maximiliam Well-Known Member

I have trouble setting up the nameserver and rndc to work. Could anyone give me example how i set them up correctly? If you can, please give me an example on both the named.conf and rndc.conf files.

thanks a million!!

2. Maximiliam

3. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

The optimal setup of named for a cpanel machine is installed after you have layer1 and layer2 in place, and then &Enable Nameserver& from your WebhostManager....

basically, let cpanel create those config files if you are going to use the nameserver within cpanel.

There are plenty of threads about a few of the pitfalls of bind 9 with RH 7.2, if you do a search on this forum you will find.

4. Maximiliam

I tried to do that.. but nothing happens to the configuration files.. the nameserver wont start..

I tried to browse through the threads.. i found nothing related to just my problem. The configuration files will not work together.

I know how to configure a simple bind with named.conf, but i do not know how the rndc works in relation to named.conf and vice versa..

5. bdraco

bdraco Guest

What version of redhat are you running ?

---

Also how many ips are on the server?

6. Maximiliam

Runnin Red Hat version 7.1

There is 15 ips added.. first ip is on a diffrent net that the others.

That is not what the problem is, it did not work before we added the other ips as well.

I am sure it has something to do with the configuration files.. But as no one ever is going to show me a few examples, neither does burstnet answer their support emails, i guess this never is going to be resolved :(